Pantanal & Bonito Wild Nature Adventure
Destinations on the Map
On this trip you will visit one of the largest inland wetlands in the world, the Pantanal. The wetland area is a nature reserve full of many different types of species, which offer impressive flora and fauna as well as numerous rivers and freshwater lakes. On the excursions by jeep, by boat, on foot and on horseback, we will have the opportunity to explore this unique environment while seeing a variety of animals. If we are lucky we will see caimans, jaguars, monkeys, anteaters, tapirs, etc. We will even have the opportunity to see the fantastic underwater world of the Pantanal while snorkeling in Bonito.
Our local receptive partner operator has been been working with tourism in the area since 1992, so you are in good hands all the way.
- 5 days and 4 nights in Pantanal and Bonito with Accommodations, meals, and tours included
- Private Transfers, vehicle with air conditioning, to/from airport in Campo Grande and from Pantanal to Bonito
- 2 nights in Pantanal with full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner at set hours) at chosen lodge
- Tours in Pantanal: Photographic Safari, Boat Ride, Horseback Ride, Hiking and Night Safari
- 2 nights in Bonito with breakfast at chosen lodge
- Tours in Bonito: Visit to Gruta do Lago Azul (Blue Lake Cave), Barra do Sucuri snorkeling.
- Private English speaking local guide during the whole local circuit
- Extra night either in Pantanal or Bonito ( more tours can also be added )
- “Boca da Onça Tour” on day 3.
Day by Day Program
Campo Grande – Pantanal
We will pick you up at the International Airport in Campo Grande with a private comfortable veicule and along will be an English speaking guide. We will start the approx. 3:30hrs drive to Pousada Aguapé/Fazenda San Francisco , in Pantanal; the largest swamp area in the world and a great jungle area full of impressive animals living in the wild,
After the included dinner at the Pousada there will be a night activity, according to the schedule of the Pousada.
Wake up with a delicious breakfast and get ready to experience the wilderness that this part of Brazil is famous for. There will be 2 activities this day according to the schedule of the Lodge.
Pantanal – Bonito
After breakfast there is a tour, according to the schedule of the lodge,
a tasty lunch, and right after a private transfer to Bonito.
After breakfast we head to Gruta do Lago Azul (Blue Lake Cave). A short hike in the forest leads to the impressive entrance of the Cave. Inside the cave several kinds of speleothemes create a magic scenery with a deep blue lake in the bottom of the Cave. The duration of the trip is about 1h30m. After the end of the tour transfer back to Bonito.
DAY 4 CONTINUED
In the afternoon: Barra do Sucuri snorkeling. We will be met at the Main House to try and test the necessary gear and then start a 400 meters light hike up to the river where the tour starts. At the river you will help paddle the boat 1.300 meters up river while enjoying all the beauty of the gallery forest and the transparency of the river from the boat. At the end of this ride you will then put on your masks and snorkels, jump out of the boat and finally see all the beauty of one of the most transparent rivers in the world. After the end of the tour back at the main house you can relax at the hammocks or at the Formoso River that is just a few steps from the house. Free night.
Bonito – Campo Grande
Breakfast and free morning.
Check-out from Pousada in Bonito and private transfer back to Campo Grande according to flight time.
Until next time! It was a pleasure!
OPTIONAL TOUR FOR DAY 3
“Boca da Onça” – Hiking & Waterfalls with Lunch Included
(Stop On the way to Bonito)
The tour starts with a 4km hike through the pristine forest, passing by more than ten crystal-clear waterfalls, the scenic Salobra River and natural pools. Halfway on the tour circuit there´s a Kiosk selling snacks and drinks, wit bathrooms and ready for any medical emergencies. The highlight is the indescribable Boca da Onça Waterfall, with its height of 156 meters (512 ft), making it the State’s highest. After relaxing and gazing at the Boca da Onça Waterfall in a special wooden deck right in front of it, it´s time to continue, making the way back by climbing 866 steps that meander up the rocky wall that leads to the end of the tour, offering many resting points to observe the breathtaking views of the Salobra River Canyon. At the end of the steps visitors will also be met with the highest Rapel Free Platform in Brasil.
Distance: 60 km
Duration: Aprox. 6Hrs
Additional Price: $60 Per Person
Note: if you opt for this extra tour then you will loose the last, morning, tour in Pantanal on day 3, as we have to leave from the lodge at 4:30am to make it to the start of this tour at 8:30am.
If somebody in your party does not want to do the hike he/she can stay at the main house below where you find changing rooms, huge natural pool, hammocks, great views, and some wild life.
Accommodations Option 1
Package Price Per Person with Option 1
Accommodations Option 2
Package Price per person with Option 2
- If you want to include one more night and day in Pantanal (accommodation + meals + guide + 2 more tours ) just let us know and we will include the cost to your final price
- Any tour might be changed or replaced according to weather conditions
In Pantanal, the tours are carried out according to the water cycle, so the day by day of the tours is merely illustrative. Passengers will receive an exact confirmation of the tours at check-in at the Pousada
High season in Bonito – Holidays (consult prices) – 21 to 26/02 – 10 to 12/04 – 05 to 07/09 – 10 to 12/10
- There is only one airport in Campo Grande = Campo Grande International Airpot with code CGR
- All lodges in Pantanal have accident insurance included and their staff are trained in first aid
- For our private transfers – our cars are no older than 2 years (sedan vehicles and Doblo) or 3 years (Vans and Buses), and they are always checked-up after returning from a trip, and now sanitised according to the Covid-19 Safety Protocols.
How to Pay:
- 50% payment needed to reserve; the remaining part needs to be paid at least 20 days before check-in
- Payment can be done via PayPal, Local or International Bank Transfer, or Credit Card (add 3,5% to price).
- Cancelation 62 days prior to check-in = 15 USD charge per person (the rest is refunded)
Cancelation between 61 and 35 days prior to check-in = 50% charge of total value
- Cancelation between 34 and 20 days prior to check-in = 60% charge of total value
- Cancelation between 19 and 1 days prior to check-in = 100% charge of total value.
What to bring (essential items):
- Avoid bright colours. Neutral colours are best for Safari
- Avoid black clothing because it attracts mosquitoes
- Insect repellent
- Hat or cap
- Comfortable clothing
- Long pants
- Long sleeved-shirt
- A small backpack for day trips
- 2 pairs of shoes – tennis/walking shoes and/or hiking boots
- Bathing suit
- Rain coat
- Dry-bag for camera or other water sensitive equipment
- Waterproof sunscreen
- During the months of June to August it can be cool, therefore please also bring a fleece or a sweater during this time of the year.
- We kindly ask that luggage, per person, not exceed 50 pounds (23 kg).
What to bring (recommended items):
- Extra battery for camera
- Underwater camera during snorkeling in Bonito
- Ziploc bags for keeping things dry
- Small first aid kit with personal prescriptions
- Headlamp or flashlight + extra batteries
- Non-breakable reusable water bottle
- Appliance chargers, plug converters and/or charge adaptors
- Toiletries Kit: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo (biodegradable products please)
- Skin lotion and lip balsam
- Personal medicines
- Small supply of nonperishable snacks (avoid fruits/nuts to clear customs)
- Contact lens or glasses and a spare
About the seasons in Pantanal:
- The Dry Season – from April to October / As opposed to the wet season, the dry season provides countless opportunities to observe the rich and diverse Pantanal Fauna and Flora as the flood waters recede, leaving a fertilised soil that will restart the base of the food chain, with special mention to land mammals that roam savannah like open fields of Pantanal in search of food. The Dry Season is mostly indicated for those who want to observe land based wildlife.
- The Wet Season – from November to March / This is the best time for those who want to see what makes the Pantanal so unique, and the largest flood plain in the world: the abundant fresh water that floods the plain making it look like a gigantic water mirror. It is definitely the best time for those who love dramatic landscapes, breathtaking sunsets and sunrises. Although the wet season takes over a large portion of Pantanal, pushing land wildlife to seek refuge in higher lands, it is still possible to see thousands of birds, as well as some animals that can comfortably negotiate the flooded areas, such as Tapirs, Capybaras and Marsh Deers.