Historical City Walking Tour - 3hrs - Private
Overview & Highlights
We will walk through the historic city center of Rio de Janeiro, the former capital of the United Kingdom Portuguese and Brazilian capital. At Praça XV de Novembro our emperors made the most important decisions in our history and we will learn about the different and exciting history of Rio de Janeiro and its reflections on the culture of the Brazilian people. Walking around Rio will help you to immerse yourself in the historical events of the city through the monuments that cross centuries in our history.
After the walking part of the tour, the guide will bring you to a historical bar for an included drink.
1. Cinelândia: National Library, National Museum of Fine Arts, Municipal Theater
2. Lapa Arches
3. Praça XV de Novembro: Royal Palace and Arco do Teles
4. Colombo Bakery
5. Ouvidor’s Street
6. Tiradentes Palace
7. St. Anthony Cathedral
8. The Royal Portuguese Cabinet of Reading
9. Selaron Steps
10. Historical bar for included drink
Meeting Point: The guide will meet you in the lobby of your Hotel / or at the Rio Port at the scheduled time
Meeting Time: To be agreed ( suggested start times 9am or 14:30pm )
Tour Duration: Approx. 3 hours in total + any time commuting
To Bring: Sunblock, comfortable clothes and good walking shoes
Price: $45 Per Person ( minimum 2 people )
- Subway Ticket to and from the Historical Center
- Guide with MBA in Rio de Janeiro History
- One beer or caipirinha or soft drink per person
– 50% payment required to book
– Cancellation Fee of 50% is charged if cancelled 24 hours or less before the tour start time
About the historical expert guide Carlos
Carlos graduated from law school and worked for five years as a tax consultant. In 2012, he decided to quit the office job and follow his dream and opened a Hostel here in Rio de Janeiro. “I ran by my own for a few years when I could realize how amazing is to welcome travelers into my country and introducing them to the best spots in Rio. And now, after getting a tour guide licence and having graduated from an MBA in Rio de Janeiro City History I feel ready to provide you the real Rio de Janeiro experience and the coolest vibe on earth”.
Book our tours
You can book or ask questions through Facebook Messenger.
Or if you choose contact us on WhatsApp +55 21 99620-1948